Share..

Breaking News
recent

Bafana Coach likes to see more goals


"

BAFANA Bafana want to increase their ratio of chances created to goals scored when they face Botswana in Durban on Saturday, and striker Tokelo Rantie is the man to carry out that task.

 I'm after Furman's midfield position, says Dikgacoi I'm after Furman's midfield position, says Dikgacoi
 Khune has plenty of respect for rivals Botswana Khune has plenty of respect for rivals Botswana
 Pressure building on Bafana strikers, says Rantie Pressure building on Bafana strikers, says Rantie
 I am a better player now, says Serero I am a better player now, says Serero
Coach Gordon Igesund was yesterday frank about his team's low goal rate compared to the number of times they visit their opponents' danger area.

Gordon Igesund
Recent friendlies against Nigeria and Burkina Faso showed how wasteful Bafana can be on attack but with a trip to Brazil for next year's World Cup at stake, Igesund wants to change that.

"We are creating a lot of good chances and that's very positive, but we need to finish more.

"For the amount of chances that we create, we need to put the ball in the net a lot more times than we have. That is something we have to work on.

"The important thing is that we are getting the good chances, we are creating goal-scoring situations. We're getting one-on-ones with opposition goalkeepers and getting behind the defenders.


Rantie, who trained with the squad for the first time yesterday morning, said he didn't feel any pressure to net goals - considering the importance of the fixture.

Without right wing Thuso Phala, it appears Bafana will rely on the Bournemouth acquisition for forward impetus, with Bernard Parker - who led the forward line against Ethiopia - playing behind him.

Rantie came on in the second half for Phala during the ill-fated trip to Addis Ababa in June, but could not help Bafana claw back from their 2-1 deficit.

"I don't feel any pressure because if you are under pressure you won't be able to perform," Rantie said.

"The pressure will always be there, but I can control it. I believe we will get maximum points against Botswana.

"We have enough strikers in the team who can convert the multitude of chances we create. Sometimes things don't go your way when you expect them to, but we'll emerge victorious this time around.

"People expect us to score, and only goals can win you the game. I believe we will bring the goals come Saturday - we have Kermit Erasmus and Parker as well who can score goals.

"I'm at a stage in my game where I can see the products of what I've learnt.

"My experience has made my game much easier - I see the game differently and do things differently. Hopefully I can bring to the Bafana camp the same thing I was doing in Sweden."

The five Orlando Pirates players who trained for the first time since arriving from Egypt on CAF Champions League duty were given a clean bill of health.

Source : Sportlive.co.za
Tags  : Bafana, World Cup, Botswana, qualifiers
Links : salovesfootball.mobi
Caroo Africa

Caroo Africa

Powered by Blogger.